A Bush Life Eco Rating assures travellers that establishments and venues listed on the Bush Life digital marketing platform that have an Eco Rating, are committed to responsible and sustainable tourism. All Bush Life marketing activities target consumers with an interest in Ecotourism and Outdoor Activities.
The Bush Life Eco Rating is based on the following Principles of Ecotourism
- Minimize social and environmental impacts.
- Create environmental and cultural awareness.
- Provide direct financial benefits for local communities and conservation projects.
- Facilitate sustainable growth of the tourism industry
- Support and grow the local economy
Bush Life Eco Rating Categories
All Eco Rated venue listings on Bush Life have methods and practices in place for at least one of the categories below. Rated categories can be seen on the venue listing.
- Electricity consumption strategy
- Low energy consumption
- Renewable energy products
- Regular water audit
- No leak policy
- Flow restriction
- Harvesting rain water
- Use of waste water
- Green design
- Carbon footprint
Local Community Development
- Use of locally produced products
- Employment and skills development
- Profit share programs
- Co-Operative Marketing
- Wildlife educational activities
- Breeding programs
- Ethical predator control
- Conservation activities
List your venue or service for FREE on the Bush Life digital marketing platform and get your business Eco Rated. Click here to get Eco Rated